A daily routine for managing business, family, and friends
Your business is your baby. There’s nothing easier than getting lost in it. But, what are you neglecting as a consequence of that? In today’s episode, I share how I spend time with my business, family, and friends. I also tell you what my daily routine is now vs. what it was 20 years ago when I first started my business.
“When you get older and you’re no longer grinding and you’re no longer trying to build the next great business, guess who’s there with you? Guess? It’s your family.” (11:36)
“I want to be able to go after everything I want. I want to be able to be a leader in this field. But at the same team, I want to be the hero for my kids and my wife.” (12:07)
“When your significant other taps on your shoulder and they say “Hey, let’s just go get some ice cream”, or “Let’s go hang out” – what they’re saying is, “Hey, take a break. It’s not so serious. Let’s, let’s focus on some other things.” (15:33)
What we discussed
- (01:25) Entering partnerships with friends (BIG NO NO)
- (04:33) Are business partnerships worth it?
- (09:29) Downsides of business partnerships
- (13:54) How to decide if a business partnership is for you
- (15:54) Do NOT start a business partnership without THIS
- (17:19) Amazing friendships through business partnerships
3 things to remember:
- Your routine is there to serve as the structure of your day. That being said, it doesn’t mean it has to be completely rigid. There are days when it will be in your best interest to let some of that structure loose and that’s ok.
At the end of the day, your family will likely be more meaningful to you than your business. It’s important to recognize that every day, not just when it’s too late. More importantly, allow your family and friends to guide you in finding a schedule that works.
- When you create a schedule, as yourself if your future self will thank you for spending your time the way you are. If not, make adjustments.